Friday, November 4, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 4

Nothing fancy.  Nothing emotionally moving.  Nothing extra special.

Today, I am thankful that my kids don't have school on Monday or Tuesday.

A four day weekend.

Sleeping in and not having to rush around to get to bus stops and preschool, which inevitably leads to me yelling at them.  Just nice peaceful mornings.

And, to go along with that, I'll add that I am also so thankful for our king-sized bed.  

I LOVE our bed.  I think I've actually talked about it in a previous post.

When Eric and I were first married, we had a full-sized bed in a bedroom which was barely big enough for the bed and 2 dressers.  So, when we did our addition, that was the only thing Eric wanted -- a room that was big enough for a king-sized bed.

Aside from the sheer comfort of it, I am glad that we have this bed because:
  • it's allowed Daniel to climb in during the night when he's sick or scared

  • there was room for Markos to sleep with us when he first arrived in America and was afraid at night

  • our puppy (who is enormous for a puppy) sleeps with us and is the biggest snuggler of a dog that you'd ever meet

  • we were able to cuddle in our bed with all 3 kids when the power was out for days and we had no heat during the Blizzard of 2010

  • we frequently all snuggle together in our bed and watch movies as a family

It's nice.  It's comfy.  It's warm.  It's safe.  

And, I get to hopefully spend a little extra time snuggled up there this coming weekend - for 2 extra days, and 1 extra hour due to the time change.  Yippee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment