Thursday, November 3, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 3

One small disclaimer before I share what I'm thankful for today:
These are in no order of importance to me, just what I'm feeling especially grateful for on that particular day. Shoo.  OK, now that you know that I'm not more grateful for this than, say, my kids!  :-)

 Pretty sure that I've complained before about the allergy issues that we have at our house.  They currently  include:

Foods:
peanuts
tree nuts
eggs
paprika
tomatoes
corn (including corn syrup!)
all beans
peas
all shellfish
cantelope

Environmental:
cats
dust
molds & mildew
pollen
grasses
ragweed
nickel

Medication:
penicillin
amoxicillin

Oh, and because that's not enough fun for one house, it has turned out that our new dog has significant allergies, too.  We are currently giving her prescription medication AND avoiding all chicken & beef.  Do you know how hard it is to find treats and dog food with no beef or chicken?

Anyway, on to the thankful part....

I am so thankful for the availability of specialty foods and allergy friendly products.  

For the most part, we've been able to find or make foods for Daniel so that he never feels left out of normal kid things like birthday cake, or gummy snacks, or even condiments (no small feat for a child who is allergic to corn syrup, paprika, and tomatoes!)

They may be pricey, but they're totally worth Daniel being able to not feel like he has to miss out on everything.  So, for that, I am thankful for:


Nomato Ketchup - tomato free ketchup! (also Nomato pasta sauce and Nomato BBQ sauce)





Back to Nature crackers and cookies.

 



Annie's Homegrown Bunny Fruit Snacks.







 And all the other the other great products with labels I've scoured and websites I've searched.  Not only have they made Daniel a happier kid, but they've made my life easier in so many ways!


No comments:

Post a Comment