Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 2


Today, I am thankful that Markos has adjusted so well
in our family.  



 I am grateful that he celebrated his 5th birthday.  

I am grateful that he got to experience dressing up in a costume and doing fun Halloween things, and that he was here for Easter to go to church and find his basket.

I am grateful that he's mostly healthy and now has access to the medication he needs, doctors and hospitals, and CLEAN WATER!

I am grateful that despite the severe malnutrition, the numerous losses in his short little life, and being taken from his first family, culture, and country, he is just like any other little preschool boy - 
singing songs, 
making up his own words to the songs, 
making friends,
learning his ABCs, 
starting to count (up to and including "eleven-teen"), 
fighting with his siblings but also being their best friend at times.  

I am grateful that he speaks amazing English - especially for a 5 year old child on his third language, who spoke no English just 9 short months ago.   

I am grateful that he talks about God, that he prays with us, and that he is learning about Jesus.

I am grateful that he gets to attend church and school, and that he has a bed to sleep in and food to eat.

I am grateful that he is ours and we are his.


God is good.  All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment