Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 15

Today, I am thankful for Christian preschools, daycares, and Mothers-Day-Out programs.

Being a stay-at-home mom is hard work.  

It's a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week job.

No vacation time.  No sick leave.  No personal days.  No pay.

When you're doing this unrelenting job called motherhood, you sometimes need a break.  Sometimes, that break isn't even for relaxation or for fun.  Sometimes, it's to take one of your other children to the doctor or to the hospital.  Sometimes, it's to visit the doctor yourself, to have some tests runs, to have your teeth cleaned.  Sometimes, you just can't do it all by yourself.

If you are fortunate enough to have family that lives close-by and can help you, and you're participating in this Month of Gratitude, then I hope you have listed that as one of your things that you're thankful for because it's a blessing.  I don't have that luxury.  My parents are 2+ hours away.  My sister is 10+ hours away. 

True, I have some close friends who are always willing to help, but they have their own children and their own jobs and their own responsibilities.

But thankfully, I have always had good, quality, Christian childcare options close to home. 

Because of that, I can also be thankful for:
  • all the field trips I've gotten to attend
  • all the classroom parties at which I've been able to help
  • all the naps that I've gotten to take
  • all the visits to the gym or cardio tennis classes
  • all the doctor's appointments at which I've been able to concentrate
  • all the lunches with friends, but without kids
  •  all the uninterrupted hours of homework time for me to go to grad school
  • all the time spent unwinding and refueling - at Bible studies, book studies, or even just goofing around or chatting with friends online

There's plenty more that I've been able to do because my children were playing at preschool or daycare, but I better go because I have to pick Markos up from day care in 3 hours and I still have to take down the Halloween decorations and clean the house so we can get ready to get out the Christmas decorations!!





No comments:

Post a Comment