Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Month of Gratitude - Day 1

A few weeks ago, fellow adoptive Mommy and blogger friend, Chrissy, issued a challenge for people to join her in celebrating a Month of Thankful Hearts, posting one thing that you are thankful for every day in the month of November either on Facebook or a blog or just in the privacy of your own home.

As Junior Asparagus said it in Veggie Tales, "A thankful heart is a happy heart.  I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start."  If you don't know the song, here's a close rendition.



Anyway, I decided to join Chrissy and the others in sharing one thing that I am thankful for every day during the month of November.

So, for today, November 1st - 

I am thankful for my husband, Eric,
who makes me laugh all.the.time.  

Seriously, he's one of the funniest guys I know.  
Others might not agree, but he and I both appreciate one anothers' sense of humor.  
We "get" each other.  
So, it's probably good that we're married.  ;-)

Notice his t-shirt:  "Metro-Gnome"
Some people collect trinkets .  He collects t-shirts.  Seriously.  
It's a problem.

One of his newest
I'm willing to (mostly) overlook the never-ending purchasing of new t-shirts because:

He gives a phenomenal massage.  So good, that I bought him a massage chair for our anniversary.  
I know.  I'm thoughtful like that.


He used to be is a great athlete.  However, I now prefer that he stick to helping the kids and coaching their teams.  It results in more infrequent injuries, fewer doctor's bills, less physical therapy....

B.P. Youth Lacrosse Coaches - Gr. 1 - 4

He can build just about anything, provided you don't need it in a hurry.  :-)

The two-story Shed
He teaches the boys about guns, bugs, electronics, snakes, and all things boy or gross (or both)...


He's always up for some "friendly" competition.


He is THE Tickle Monster!


He helps Kenzie (and some day, Markos & Daniel) with their advanced math & science projects.


He fixes all things (that he doesn't have a desire to buy new!).


He loves a good game - be it board or computer!


He strings the lights on the tree and on the house - usually on the coldest day of the year.


And he plays hard.  It may hurt him, but it usually makes the rest of us laugh.

 
A cheerful heart is good medicine...
Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment