Monday, November 7, 2011

Calendars for a Cause!

Seems that I'm always trying to get organized. Once our 3rd child joined the family, this wasn't as easy as it once was. When I was recently scheduling dentist appointments and doctor's appointments, I realized that this year has quickly gotten away from me and I am in need of a 2012 calendar. So, I was so excited when I saw this:


The new Amharic Kids' 2012 Ethiopia Calendar!

I was even more excited when I saw that they were selling them in bulk for families to use as fundraisers. Because, I mean, who isn't excited to do fundraising?!   (ha!!)

Actually, I have been wishing that I could do something to help raise money for a certain special family that I've met online through our adoption. They recently adopted a sibling group of 3 kiddos from Ethiopia to add to their family. They have a heart for sibling groups, you see. And they are faithful. When God calls, they respond. And not just once, but twice.

God recently pierced their hearts again. This time, not for a sibling group of 3, but for a sibling group of FIVE!!

Yes, you heard me correctly -Five!
Five!! Cinco!! Cinq!! Ammïst!!

 The Jensen family - Chrissy, Paul, and their 7 (soon-to-be 12!!) kiddos - live in Tennessee.  They are currently awaiting a court date.  You can read the story of this most recent adoption here and follow along as the story continues to unfold on Chrissy's blog, Injera and Chocolate Gravy.  Also, if you feel called to do more than buy a calendar, you can donate to their adoption fund on their blog!

If not, you know you need a calendar for 2012, so buy one here.  It will have beautiful pictures from Ethiopia each month, bringing back memories for a lot of us, I'm sure!  

The calendars are $20.00 each (which includes the shipping costs).  All proceeds will go to the Jensen families travel fund.  They will need to purchase 4 round trip tickets, plus 5 one-way tickets in all!!  That is no small potatoes!

To purchase your calendar, click on the PayPal button on the right to pay and then either leave a comment or email me at lori.stark@gmail.com with the mailing address where you want the calendar shipped.  

Calendars for a great cause!!  And, maybe, if you're lucky, you'll be able to get organized.  I know I'm hoping I can!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a great idea! I love that family too. An order's on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just purchased one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! Love Chrissy & their faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete