Monday, June 6, 2011

Wet n' Wild

No, not that cheap nail polish...


MY BOYS!  


Today, for the first time, we got out the new Slip n' Slide that I bought on clearance at Kohl's a few weeks ago.  Oh.My.Goodness!!  I thought for sure we were headed to the hospital at some point with broken bones (or worse!).







Initially, I thought that I'd set it up, take a few pictures then go in the house and enjoy the peace and quiet.  Then, once I watched them for a few minutes, it just didn't seem responsible not to be right there, with cell phone in hand, ready to call 911.

They had an absolute blast though.  Both suffered brush burns in various locations, but other than that, miraculously survived unscathed.  I think it might have been the nicest that they've ever played with each other, too.  No fighting.  No whining.  No bossing.  Just taking turns, laughing with each other, helping each other.  It was beautiful!  :-)








Poor Markos could NOT seem to stay on the slide.  No matter how hard he tried, he kept going off the side into the grass.  (Hence the brush burn on his entire belly from sliding on the grass most of the time!)  He was so funny.  He'd try to go slowly (thereby making it worse!), and use his foot to try to push himself back onto the slide.  A few times (when I had Daniel grab Markos' feet, straighten his body out, and push him really fast), he managed to stay on the slide all the way to the bottom.  Unfortunately, he wasn't used to actually making it to the end, and would then end up with either a mouth/nose full of water, or would somehow manage to do a face plant in the mud at the bottom.  He had grass all over his face, including tangled in his eye lashes, for a long time.  It was driving me nuts.  After about 20 minutes, I finally had to call him over and point it out and ask him if it bothered him that he had grass IN.HIS.EYE.  It didn't.  Go figure.










Daniel was a maniac.  He started out a little slow, but minute by minute grew more and more brave, until he was going down on his stomach head-first, on his stomach feet first, head-first-backwards, on his knees, etc. - all as fast as he could possibly go.  The slide is supposedly 18 feet long.  However, if you add in the muddy path that Daniel's body followed after he flew through the pool at the end and continued on down the hill, it was more like 25 feet long.  Wild child, that one.  (I continue to marvel at the fact that he has yet to break a bone.)







Lest you think I'm exaggerating, a short video of their shenanigans on the slip n' slide for your viewing pleasure!





1 comment:

  1. So.much.fun. Wish I could have played too (alas, I would have exceeded the weight requirement ;)

    ReplyDelete