Oh. My. Goodness. I can hardly believe that the time has finally come. Early Friday morning, we are leaving to go meet M. and go to court to legally become his parents. This has been such a long process, yet, now it seems like...."WOW! Seriously?! We're really doing this?!"
In my normal, neurotic fashion, I have been preparing for this trip for weeks...err, months. And yet, now I feel panicked and certain that I've forgotten something terribly important. Not to mention that I am not a fan of traveling. I'm not afraid to fly, per se. I just hate the rushing, hate the connections, hate the crowds, hate the security checks and the customs procedures. And, honestly, hate everything being out of my control. (Yes, I know, silly to even think that I'm EVER in control - God's been working on me about that for years.)
Please pray for us during our trip. It will truly be a whirlwind of a trip -- exhausting physically and emotionally. Please pray:
- Thursday, Nov. 18th - for my parent’s safety as they travel to our house to watch the kids.
- Friday, Nov. 19th- for our flights - that we make our connections, that my back holds up during 24 hours of traveling, and that we make it through customs without problem with all the donations that we have for the orphanages
- Saturday, Nov. 20th - that we arrive safely in Addis Ababa, ET (and that our bags ALSO make it to ET), that our transport is waiting for us, and that we make it safely to the guest house
- Sunday, Nov. 21st in AM - THE DAY!! We meet M.! Please pray for his comfort - that he would not be afraid, that we will react in a way that is not frightening to him (hey, it could happen!) ;-) - and that we would all be able to soak in and enjoy every moment of this blessed few hours that we will have together!
- Sunday, Nov. 21st in PM- that our meeting with M.'s pediatrician goes well, that we remember to ask any questions that we should, and that we gather all information that we need; Also that our meeting with the attorney goes well, that we, again, get all information that is needed for a successful day in court!
- Monday, Nov. 22nd in AM- COURT!! that I am not a complete bundle of nerves, that we speak from the heart but don't say anything that might jeopardize our adoption, and that the judge grants us favor
- Monday, Nov. 22nd in PM- that our final meeting with M. will again be comforting to him, that he will understand that we WILL be coming back for him, and that we can go through the family album that we made him before we leave so that he will have something to hold onto until we come back to get him
- Monday, Nov. 22nd, late - that our flights home are, again, safe and smooth
BTW, Ethiopia is about 8 hours ahead of EST, so we will actually be going to court around 1 - 2 AM your time Monday morning.
Also, please pray for:
- our health - that we wouldn’t get sick while in ET, that Eric’s allergies aren’t horrible there, that my back doesn’t flare up, and that we are able to get some sleep during the time we're traveling and in ET
- our kids back home - that they would not be nervous & worrying about us, that they have fun and have all their needs met, that they are well-behaved and don’t give Grammy and Pappy a hard time! (not that they’d EVER do THAT!) ;-)
- Grammy & Pappy - that they’d have the energy to keep up with the kids and their schedules, that they have fun and enjoy the time with, and that they also have peace and don't worry about Eric and I
- our paperwork - that everything is in order, that we have everything we need, and that the people who are handling our adoption case do so with speed and accuracy!!
Thank you all so very much for praying for our family during this time. We are so excited, nervous, thrilled, awe-struck, amazed, afraid, humbled.....the waves of emotion go on and on!!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.